Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Green Mowing

I'm sad to say I haven't jumped on the whole "Going Green" lifestyle as much as I should.
But this attempt might just kick my butt in shape literally!
We have purchased a Scotts 20" Classic Mower



No Gas, No Oil, No Electricity
Just good ol' Human Push Power
Yes, it's great for the environment but it is also a great workout!
Ok, now we have 3 acres so I'm not using it on the whole yard just yet.
We bought it for me to keep up with about 8000 sq. ft. of grass in the front and back of our house.
You know the part of the yard the family is always playing in and I am always nagging Dave to mow

I just have to say I LOVE IT!
It's quiet, the kids can play safely nearby and I don't have to worry about flying debris and I am getting an awesome workout!
I think it's a win win for everyone including the environment ;)

~Patricia

7 comments:

SimplySophia said...

Uuuuhhhhggg, PATRICIA!!!! I admire you for mowing ANY part of those 3 acres with that thing, lol! Probably why you are so skinny and I am... well... NOT!

LoL!

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm impressed! I'm allergic to grass, so no mowing for me, but I agree it's a great way to go green.
I recently purchased my own grocery bags in order to keep from using paper or plastic, and I'm embarrassed to admit I've forgotten to bring them to the store too often. I've now resorted to keeping them in my car.

Anonymous said...

great move Patricia, not sure if i could do it but I will be supportive of anyone doing it!!! and I don't have nearly as much grass as you!! more power to you!!

Willow Tree said...

Just found your blog!!
What a great mower. I may have to look into one of those..but would that mean that I would then have to mow the lawn!?!? LOL
Brooke

One Boy One Girl Boutique said...

Hi, Brooke! Thank You for leaving a comment :)
I am still loving the mower. Prior to this I had Never mowed in my Life! Now I find myself wanting the grass to grow, lol
~Patricia

Jamie said...

We have one of those but I only have a 10x10 square to cut.

I can't believe you would want to do more than that. It doesn't work well on weeds or if the grass gets to long.

One Boy One Girl Boutique said...

Jamie, Really I love that thing! Dave started to mow with it yesterday and I yelled at him! Lately, it's my only form of exercise and I need it, LOL
I have tall pieces of grass that it won't cut so I need Dave to go over those and after that I should be able to keep up with it where we have sod.
~Patricia